Incapacity & Conservatorships

Even if you have a will, but you can't conduct your affairs due to mental or physical incapacity (e.g., Alzheimer's, Dementia, stroke, heart attack) only a court appointed conservator can sign for you.  Appointing a conservator through the court process can be very expensive.  The court, not your family, will determine who controls how your assets are used to care for you.  The process is a public hearing which can be humiliating, time consuming, and difficult to end if your loved one recovers from temporary incapacity.

It is important to discuss your family's circumstances with an attorney prior to an expected illness, such as Alzheimer's, Dementia, stroke, or a heart attack.  Call The Kahn Law Firm at (626) 765-4469 for a complimentary consultation.